Basic Questions

Hi guys,

Just some basic questions just finishing installing UnRAID and completed the parity check.

So i have 3x 2TB Drives seems to look ok, when I check my network shares it shows "disk1", "disk2" and "flash" (obviously flash being the flash drive)

One thing i dont get (sorry im from a windows background) is that i thought Raid arrays joined the 3 drives together to make one - the way it looks with this file structure having "disk1" and "disk2" means the data is split on both the drives? Ie if i start storing stuff on "disk1" am i only able to use 50% of the array capacity?

Secondly once i have migrated all my data i want the folder to be NFS shared. the only option i see is "Disk shares (NFS):" in the shares tab. What do i put in here to have all my stuff shared via this and not samba?

first you will have to go to the settings page and enable NFS

then, in order to "combine" the drive you need to use a "user share." you will go to the shares tab, turn on user shares, then create a share.

for example

share name "movies"

disks included "disk1,disk2"

disks exluded "(just leave blank if you don't want to exclude any of them)

use NFS "yes"

then hit apply

i am not in front of my server right now, but i believe this is the right order.

let us know if there are any other questions

first you will have to go to the settings page and enable NFS

then, in order to "combine" the drive you need to use a "user share." you will go to the shares tab, turn on user shares, then create a share.

for example

share name "movies"

disks included "disk1,disk2"

disks exluded "(just leave blank if you don't want to exclude any of them)

use NFS "yes"

then hit apply

i am not in front of my server right now, but i believe this is the right order.

let us know if there are any other questions

Ok so ive got it working - just checking that in "Export (NFS):" i put "yes" is that correct?

Anyway i can tell the shares are NFS and not SMB?

Archived