New build? Do I stick to my current setup or do I upgrade?

Mario

Hi, so my current setup is based on i7 4770, MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845), 32GB DDR3 RAM. Im considering upgrading the cpu, mobo and ram. I have a decent PSU and case that currently handles 8 Sata drives. My motherboard can handle 8 SATAs too. My question is do I stick to this setup or do I upgrade? 

My budget is £500 for all. 

I would like the system to handle between 8 and 10 drives. 

The system would be used mainly for Plex, radarr, sonarr, nzbget and as nas storage.

The one reason for upgrade is so the system can handle 4k better and be able to work on files in the background while watching Plex. (In the past the videos would jitter when nzbget started to unpack the archives.)

Any help witll be greatly appreaciated. 

If you are not using VMs or containers, I don't see any need for an upgrade.

What's your CPU/RAM occupation?

If you want more expandability, you can always add a PCIe card for more SATA ports...

My Plex is in a QNAP NAS wth AMD V1500B with a Passmark of 4500 and I can see with no issues 4K HEVC 10bit.

The 4770 have a Passmark score of 7000...

But to avoid the issues (Unzipping), just do as I do. Only download/unzip during off peak time.

Another way to solve this issue is to store downloaded media into a separeted NVME or SSD and let the UnRaid mover run only at off peak hours.

Edited by MrFroggy