Separating SSD and HDD to different pools

Shrike
Go to solution Solved by dboonthego,

I'm running Unraid 6.12.4 on a tiny Lenovo M700, mostly for the amazing community apps.

The array is currently just one 1TB M.2 SSD.

I'd like to add a 5TB 2.5" HDD in there for a secondary Plex installation, for the stuff I don't intend to archive on my main NAS (A Synology DS918+ that already broke down once and will be replaced with a proper Unraid system soon 😀)

So my question is: Can I create a separate pool (or something?) just from the HDD in addition to the array that has the SSD so that my Docker apps stay on the SSD and the HDD would be a separate mount point I can use for Plex data?

• Solution
4 hours ago, Shrike said:

and will be replaced with a proper Unraid system soon 😀)

Well, what are you waiting for???

4 hours ago, Shrike said:

So my question is: Can I create a separate pool (or something?) just from the HDD in addition to the array that has the SSD so that my Docker apps stay on the SSD and the HDD would be a separate mount point I can use for Plex data?

Yes, you can have multiple separate pools.  In your case, you have two disks so you could have one pool of two disks or two pools with one disk.  Just setup how you want.  For example:

image.png.40eb3d093cdfa2030c0b5afc741b06c0.png

Give this a read:

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/storage-management/#why-use-a-pool

• Upvote 1