Reoccurring Sync Error - uhh what [Solved]

Fluid

So I ran my monthly parity check (via the standard unraid web interface) and it finished with one sync error:

kernel: md: parity incorrect: 472037736 (Errors)

I didn't think much of it, but decided to run it again to make sure all was OK.  Well I got the exact same thing:

Both times I've run it via the unraid gui and not unMenu.  I notice in the Array Management tab of unMenu it says Sync Error 1 (corrected), but I'm assuming that corrected is probably always displayed, because I don't see it in the standard unRAID gui.

Any clues on what I should do to fix?

So I ran my monthly parity check (via the standard unraid web interface) and it finished with one sync error:

I didn't think much of it, but decided to run it again to make sure all was OK.  Well I got the exact same thing:

Both times I've run it via the unraid gui and not unMenu.  I notice in the Array Management tab of unMenu it says Sync Error 1 (corrected), but I'm assuming that corrected is probably always displayed, because I don't see it in the standard unRAID gui.

Any clues on what I should do to fix?

In older releases of unRAID there is no way to tell corrected vs. reported.  You should run a correcting parity sync, otherwise it will just report the same error again and again as it is not corrected unless you request it to be corrected.

If you find the same error (on the same block number) appears again, or in a later parity check, then you may want to review my tale of woe:

I just read through that and my mind exploded.  God I hope I don't have to go to such great lengths!

UPDATE: The pass via unMenu seemed to have resolved it.  Thanks!

Archived