VM Refusing to boot

kazzaw

Hi,

Updated from 6.11.5 to 6.12.4 and my VM (Windows Server 2019) ran out of memory and now refuses to boot.

Manually stopping, restarting unraid, and restarting hasn't helped. When I am going to Start the VM, I get the following error

internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2023-11-30T00:45:39.389306Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device {"driver":"pcie-pci-bridge","id":"pci.7","bus":"pci.1","addr":"0x0"}: Bus 'pci.1' not found

This system has a GPU passed through to it.

Any assistance? Happy to attach further info - Just let me know what. Thanks :)

flanders-diagnostics-20231130-1123.zip

Edited by kazzaw
Diagnostic upload

OK - I have been playing with this for a while. It appears that its related to the Quadro graphics card. I deleted the original VM (not the disk) and created a new VM without a GPU attached. Manually pointed to old Vdisk or whatever it is called. Booted up fine, able to access. Shut down VM, added GPU, restarted and issue.

So the issue was not entirely related to RAM, however I do need to add more. For some reason, whenever the GPU is attached to the VM, it refuses to boot.

I have the Quadro graphics card for the VM, and the Intel iGPU (12600) for plex.

Never had to click the bind button on the system tool page, but have looked into that now. Still no success.

I have left the GPU disconnected from the machine and will await further assistance

Update again - Attached GPU, plugged monitor into GPU, for some reason no IP assigned to NIC, assigned IP to VM and all working... All from trying to change the ram from 8gb to 12gb. No idea where it went so wrong.

Edited by kazzaw