Problems after replacing cache drive

Generic

Hi,

I'm running 6.12.6 and last night tried to change out my cache drive.

I changed all the shares to have mover take them into the data pool and then used the mover to transfer everything over. As far as I could tell everything was off the cache. I then replaced the cache pool drive and got it formatted and running. Now I've changed the share properties to have things go back onto the cache and run the mover a few times (Docker is disabled) before restarting docker and installing my old applications using the Apps->Previous Apps thing. Essentially, everything is broken.

The docker containers have been loaded correctly with their templates and have the same setup as previously but none of them work properly and some are completely un-accessible. At one point I was able to access the Nextcloud UI through the local network but it was at the setup screen asking me do the whole setup procedure again, i.e. admin account and link to a database, but now it just has a page saying internal server error. Additionally, Mariadb had the correct login details in the shell but on logging in as root it showed no users on mysql.user apart from root, which there definitely should be.

I have also tried moving the System share containing /docker/docker.img (again with docker disabled) by setting mover as Array->Cache and invoking the mover and it showed as working but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

At this point it doesn't seem like there has been any loss of data from anywhere which I guess is a relief but I've spent hours smashing my head against a wall and getting frustrated with it without being able to make it any better. Any advice would be welcomed, the diagnostics file is attached.

A secondary concern is that now the appdata and system shares are unprotected as they are only (?) in the cache pool but I think that is solved by the a backup I can setup?

thomasserver-diagnostics-20231211-1312.zip

do'h  that'll be frustratingly.  I'm about to replace my cache drive in 2 days and found your post.  

I'd stop all the containers and troubleshoot one container at the time.  perhaps its the path or permission of the appdata folder in the cache drive that have changed.

start with the container that doesn't use mariadb.  and then work on mariadb and then nextcloud.

what nextcloud image are you using?

4 hours ago, Generic said:

At this point it doesn't seem like there has been any loss of data from anywhere

That's the goal!

4 hours ago, Generic said:

I think that is solved by the a backup I can setup?

I don't know.

You can always backup if you have access.

Better safe than sorry.

Take your time. I agree with LeoRX that MariaDB might be a priority (NextCloud will, kind of, fall apart without it on most configurations).

Take your time and backup everything you can.

MrGrey.