Web interface unaccessible, unMENU, sab, sick, etc...

Soooo, my server became completely unresponsive today.  XBMC hangs when it tries to boot, presumably because the mySQL database is unavailable...  Checking the syslog, it seems to continue to try to delete the overtemp script?  Am I reading that wrong?  Any help would be very much appreciated, trying to set my personal record for uptime.  :)

Thanks in advance!

log.txt.zip

Soooo, my server became completely unresponsive today.  XBMC hangs when it tries to boot, presumably because the mySQL database is unavailable...  Checking the syslog, it seems to continue to try to delete the overtemp script?  Am I reading that wrong?  Any help would be very much appreciated, trying to set my personal record for uptime.  :)

Thanks in advance!

It keeps trying to invoke the overtemp script, but apparently, is is already running, so it complains.
It keeps trying to invoke the overtemp script, but apparently, is is already running, so it complains.

Indeed.  But why?  None of my drives overtemped.  And why would that crash the server?

An update: whatever this problem is, my cpu usage was at 85% and climbing for all four cores of my i3-560.  Since i'm not making movies on this thing, I found that worrisome.  It required a hard shutdown.  Either the shutdown or whatever this problem is completely screwed my mysql database (on disk4) for xbmc.  After much heavy-handed and ill-advised troubleshooting, I ended up completely wiping the share and the databases, uninstalling mysql and reinstalling and recreating the databases.  And XBMC.  Start fresh, I always say!  Still quite a mystery to me as to why this happened though, and that's very unsettling.

Archived