Wireguard Local Network Issues After Bonding & Bridging Changes in 6.12.6

Hey All, been awhile!

I recently updated my server to 6.12.6 and got a message from "Fix Common Problems" that macvlan and bridging on should be corrected. 

From what I was reading, I left the docker setting with macvlan and I turned off bonding and bridging. I restarted the system and the error message went away. My dockers appear to be working correctly. I went to use Wireguard today and I can connect and access the unRAID web gui but I no longer have access to my local network; whereas, yesterday everything was working fine.

I must have messed up something with the network changes. Do I need to recreate the wireguard network now that I updated the unRAID network? or should I change the docker macvlan to ipvlan and turn back on bonding and bridging?

Posted (edited)

After rereading the upgrade notes, I noticed that Host access to custom networks was set to disabled in docker settings and it seemed like if you are using macvlan you probably want it enabled. I enabled it and now I have local network access via Wireguard. No exactly sure why a docker setting would effect the wireguard network but hey it's working again... For anyone who knows more about this, feel free to share the knowledge. 

Edited by archedraft
  • Upvote 1