Docker containers showing "not available" under the version column.

This was an issue in an older version of unraid. At the time, it was fixed by an addon until an unraid update came out to fix it. I am getting that issue again and the addon does not seem to work this time. Currently running version 6.12.6.

Steps I have taken to troubleshoot is disabling my network firewall, and trying different DNS servers. No luck so far and not sure what I should be trying next.

an5h1ev7qlgc1.webp.12cc48515e664ea715a9746a42869ffc.webp

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it maybe something to do with maintainers using git directly to manage their images, and the unraid system is now unable to monitor for versions. Given how many have switched over to this method, I'm hoping it can be patched soon. There is very little on how to resolve it out that I've been able to find, but about 2/3rds of my containers are now in this state.

Forcing a re-download of the container by adding / canging a dead envrionment variable will force it to update, but it's impossible to say if it's needed on any given 'broken' container at present.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 8:13 AM, g0nz0 said:

Forcing a re-download of the container by adding / canging a dead envrionment variable will force it to update, but it's impossible to say if it's needed on any given 'broken' container at present.

Hi! How do you do this?

I'm on 6.12.8 and still got the "Not available" message under "Version" for 3 containers, which are all hotio's containers too. Will dig into it

thanks!

Edited by hathi_ndg
added that the 3 containers were hotio's

I believe the issue now maybe down to docker.io rate limiting / blocking IPs due to the number of pull requests. There are 2 parts to this bug:

1) How docker hub banns IPs that are in the general public sphere making it difficult to get them released once blocked.

2) how unraid is making request to see updated version of containers to docker hub thus getting the IPs blocked in the first instance.

I've filed a bug report with unraid, but I've not seen any movement on it yet. I've also put a request in to get my static IP unblocked by docker, but there is still no movement there either yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 11:34 AM, hathi_ndg said:

ok I just got my issue fixed

**Reminder: the affected containers were all hotio's

Credit: found the solution here: 

Example with my sonarr container:

image.png.12d2778a36487f3213425aa1c82f1f74.png

image.png.8a13852f270586ce47236319ebe79e25.png

Replaced with:

image.png.49669493d40823632ca280a2e0b07e5b.png

"Apply", wait and "Done"

image.png.8dc2b4cac9e55c89f1436e035b1b5d21.png