Norco RPC-612

DrMexSS

Thank you Johnm. I didn't know that. I'm learning a lot with you (regarding another post in which you gave me a lot of ideas for upgrading my ring)

I liked the rpc-612 because it has room for 13 hard disks. I see a lot of expansion slots in the upper side but I thought that it wouldn't be a problem. Just some tinkering.

However, looking it carefully, the ventilation flow of the hard-disk area is not very good.

I think I will have to build my case with wood, because I don't find the case that I want!  :)

Thank you.

NP, glad to help.

I think I will have to build my case with wood, because I don't find the case that I want!  :)

I have had similar notions myself. in the end i learned it was cheaper to buy one...

But.. to make something can be so rewarding.

if you do make one, i would recommend keeping cooling in mind. perhaps you could use existing 5in3 cages as a starting point? a row of those in their own section then the motherboard in another on top of it to keep it "shallow".

you can always hacksaw up an old case for a start.