Dual ethernet connection

Unfortunately, I still have some kind of issue with my server as I only get about 40MBps and got between 60-80MBs when I tested UnRaid on my desktop with the same drives.

These resilts are reasonable if your getting 60+ without unRAID and 40 on a parity protected inRAID.

I was getting 60+ when I tested UnRaid, now I get 40 BUT I found out it's my desktop driver in Ubuntu. Seems to limit the maximum speed to 536Kb for some reason. Kernel 3.1 should have a new driver so I will retest then. Windows is sometimes giving me over 100MBs to the unRaid box so I am very happy with that. No parity drive yet as I am waiting for hard drive prices to go down a bit.

On to the subject of Network bonding, I'm going to give it another go  this weekend and see if I can't bypass my switch and use my router or play around with the modes that don't require a managed switch. I am getting a bit of packet loss now and will need to fix that before attempting to bond the NICs again.