Windows 11 VM with an Azure Account or joining Azure AD / automatic repair loop

Go to solution Solved by MikeDelta,

Hello!

I have set up a Windows 11 VM to test something with my Azure AD account. As long as I log in with a local account everything works, but as soon as I use my Azure AD account to log in or alternatively join the system in Azure AD, the system goes into an automatic repair loop at the next boot or restart and the C: drive on which Windows is installed is no longer found. I have already reinstalled the VM several times because I suspected an error with me or in the configuration until I came across a thread on reddit where another user had exactly the same problem. He then found a cause and a solution himself:

"After spending most of the day I have found that I needed to disable "Credential Guard" and possible also Application Guard in Windows. Seems like the current implementation of Hyper-V in the virtualization engine does not play along with these virtualization based security measures."

Unfortunately, this does not work for me - Credential Guard is not active for me and deactivating Application Guard does not bring any improvement - even switching off Hyper-V in the configuration of the VM has no effect. Has anyone here had the same problem or any idea how I can solve it? I would be grateful for any tips!

Here's the reddit thread about it (I've already asked for help there too):

Win11 VM, Azure AD account and i7-12700

Edited by MikeDelta