Max Memory

Guys.

I have decommissioned my old ESX server and moved over to something faster. I now have 8GB 2x 4GB sticks kicking around. Now if i pop these in to my unRaid box is it going to make any difference at all?

I don’t want to put them in just for the sake of it. Right now my unRaid has unMenu , SSH , email, NTFS , iStat and some alerting and monthly parity. Now i may install AirVideo at some point.

So will giving my unRaid 10GB of RAM just be a waste or will it make any difference to my setup?

Thanks in advance

Guys.

I have decommissioned my old ESX server and moved over to something faster. I now have 8GB 2x 4GB sticks kicking around. Now if i pop these in to my unRaid box is it going to make any difference at all?

I don’t want to put them in just for the sake of it. Right now my unRaid has unMenu , SSH , email, NTFS , iStat and some alerting and monthly parity. Now i may install AirVideo at some point.

So will giving my unRaid 10GB of RAM just be a waste or will it make any difference to my setup?

Thanks in advance

It will not make much difference now, but it will if you start adding add-ons.  (such as airvideo)

Archived