Which UPS Brand/Model

I've recently finished my first Unraid build and am starting to look for a good UPS to help keep it safe and gracefully shutdown during a power outage. When doing some research I've come across some options that I think are reasonable, but just wanted to gauge other people's opinions on these options.

I'm considering either:

Cyberpower CP1500PFCLCD

Cyberpower CP1500PFCRM2U

Tripp Lite SMART1500LCDT

Tripp Lite SMART1500LCD (rackmount version)

I do plan on eventually getting a server rack, so I am slightly leaning towards the rack mount versions, but I do like the lower price of the non-rack mount versions. Regarding the Cyberpower CP1500PFCLCD, I have some reservations regarding the past glue issue, but I am assuming/hopeful has been addressed/fixed by now. I've read some so, so reviews on Tripp Lite in general. I've looked at APC as well, but I've heard that their quality has gone down over the years. As with most things these days all the brands have their issues and UPSs are no different.😆

I am still open to other suggestions, as well! I am interested if anyone has experience with these brands/models and what are you all using for your UPS's?

I've been running a APC BR1350MS for a few years and I have zero complaints.  It is plug and play with Unraid and apcupsd.  With a fresh battery it reports ~50 minute run time at ~100W load.  I recently replaced the battery after 2+ years with the battery for the 1500 model (APCRBC163) - It was a drop in replacement, a few $$ cheaper, and I get some extra A/hr.

I don't give too much heed to the UPS reviews I've read.  I think that across the board for what is considered consumer UPS, the cheaper models are just that - cheap.  Move up the product line some, temper your expectations, and most choices will work out OK.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, ConnerVT said:

I've been running a APC BR1350MS for a few years and I have zero complaints.  It is plug and play with Unraid and apcupsd.  With a fresh battery it reports ~50 minute run time at ~100W load.  I recently replaced the battery after 2+ years with the battery for the 1500 model (APCRBC163) - It was a drop in replacement, a few $$ cheaper, and I get some extra A/hr.

I don't give too much heed to the UPS reviews I've read.  I think that across the board for what is considered consumer UPS, the cheaper models are just that - cheap.  Move up the product line some, temper your expectations, and most choices will work out OK.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely add it to the list!

I agree...I am planning to move move up the chain a little, just to get that extra piece of mind. I don't need to buy the cheapest unit, only for something to happen and for me to wish that I just spent that little extra from the get go.