[SOLVED] First Time Installation - Jellyfin/Plex - can't connect to server

Go to solution Solved by CptPiamo,

Unraid Version: 6.12.9

Hi all, new to Unraid and creating servers.  Excited to be apart of the community.  Hoping I could draw on your help.  I got my unraid server install on an old computer I had (Intel I7-3770K, 16GB memory, Nvidia GTX660TI, 2TB Parity drive with 2 additional 2TB drives in an array) and able to access via the web browser using my IP address.  Have my shares created and users created and now attempting to install Jellyfin and Plex.  This is where I have run into a problem.

This is the Repository used: lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin, --

Network type: Bridge --

Console shell command Bash --

port 8096 for WebUI.

For Jellyfin_PublishesServerURL: I hit the edit button and for Value and Default Value - I put in the same IP address I used in my web browser to see my server info.

However, I keep getting command fail - "no such host" and "Unable to find image 'lscr.io/linuxserver/jellyfin:latest' locally."  

I am at a complete lost.  I put the command execution in notepad so you could see it.  I left out my IP address.  I really could use some help.  Thank you in advance for sharing.

Unsuccessful jellyfin installation - CptPiamo.txt

Edited by CptPiamo
*clarification/Marked as solved

Hello all,

So after a few hours I seemed to figure out the problem.  I'll include the steps I did in case it might help someone else.

Stop VM Manager

Stop Docker Service

Went into my router's gateway to find the DNS server address

Then went into the Unraid settings > network settings

I change the DNS server assignment to static

Then I enter in the two DNS addresses.  I also made sure the Ipv4 address assignment was static and had the correct IP address.

I was then able to install the jellyfin app without a problem and get it working

In hindsight, this was probably obvious but having never set up a server before, I didn't know I needed to do that.

• CptPiamo changed the title to [SOLVED] First Time Installation - Jellyfin/Plex - can't connect to server