Feedback on new build hardware

Hi,

I am looking to replace my current server, which was mostly built from used hardware back in early 2017. It's still running well, but power consumption is high and resources are getting low, I am only running one Ubuntu server VM and a few selected Docker containers right now. The new machine would also host a number of VMs (both Windows and Linux, including some production machines for myself and others) and a far larger collection of Docker containers to self-host most of the services I use or would like to use in the future. I would migrate all of my original HDDs (28.5 TB over 10 disks, plus 2×8 TB parity), but renew the cache drives from 2×2.5 SATA SSDs to 2×M.2 PCIe SSDs.

I would either try and sell off the old hardware (including a Dell PERC H310 and H200 in IT mode), or keep it around as a backup target (turn it off by WoL and shut it down via script) with a few drives in another part of the house or with a relative.

This is my proposed hardware, I am mostly looking for compatibility issues or better options for some components:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 (12C/24T; 65W TDP; 3.70.5.40 GHz)
  • RAM: 4×32 GB (128 GB total) Kingston Server Premium, DDR5-5600, ECC (unbuffered), CL46-45-45 [48 GB modules with the same specs are also available, but are still a bit expensive when compared to the 32 GB ones]
  • Mainboard: ASUS ProArt B560-Creator (has ECC support and 3× PCIE 4.0 ports at x16/x8/x4 each) - this would run the PCIe 3.0 x8 HBA, 2× PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 SSDs and possibly a PCIe 2.1 x4 Intel I350 T4 NIC (4× 1 GBit/sec) I have lying around
  • HBA: Broadcom SAS 9305-24i (PCIe 3.0 x8, SAS3224 chipset, 6× SFF-8643 for a total of 24 SAS/SATA drives over two backplanes), 6× breakout cables SFF-8643 to SFF-8087
  • Cache drives: 2× Samsung 990 Pro, 2 TB (M.2, PCIe 4.0 x4)
  • Chassis: Inter-Tech IPC 4U-4724 (4U, 24× 2.5"/3.5" Hot-Swap, plus 2× internal 2.5"), plus rails for my 19" rack
  • PSU: be quiet! Pure Power 850 W
  • Fans: 3× Noctua NF-A12 120mm PWM, 2× Noctua NF-A8 80mm PWM
  • CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D12L (still have to check if the height fits the chassis)

I might also add 2× 16/18/20 TB HDDs early on as new parity drives and add the two current 8 TB parity drives to the array for additional storage.

Happy and grateful for all feedback/questions/discussion. Thanks!