Any reason not to use MSI KT6V?

There are a few reasons not to use it:

1) an old AGP slot and no onboard video means that you'll have to have an old AGP video card handy (at least when first setting it up).  You may even need to leave the video card plugged in at all times, as some motherboards won't boot without a video card.  This will waste power.

2) The onboard NIC is fast ethernet, not gigabit.  Your transfer speeds will max out around 11 mb/s instead of up to 40 mb/s.  You could use a PCI NIC to overcome this problem ($20-$30).

3) No PCIe slots (limited expansion).

If you are OK with those three limitations, then go right ahead.  It will probably work.

Thanks - it's a working computer so it has a video card. I'm thinking I'll get a couple 2TB SATA drives and this will just be a starting point, I can build another system over time while this one works for me.

2TB total storage is more than enough for me right now. If it's powerful enough I may use this system to rip DVD/Blu-Ray's once I've built a new unraid system.