Help! - stupid user mistake when adding new drive

I am trying to add a new drive, same size as my parity drive. I ran the pre-clear script and all was fine.

For some reason I thought I needed to swap the new drive as the parity and made the switch but immediately unassigned the drive and then reassigned the original parity drive.

I then added the drive as a new entry, and it showed up as unformatted, which probably makes sense.

I unassigned the drive thinking I'd rerun the preclear process, and then reassigned it to the same slot and planned to allow UNRaid to do the formatting.

I restarted the box, and when I started the array, it started a Data-Rebuild, but the drive still shows as Unformatted and there is an option to format the thing. (see attachment)

There are a few writes to the parity drive, which scares me.

Questions:

1. Should i format this drive now?

2. Should i leave the rebuild continue to the end, and if the rebuild completes will the drive show as formatted?

3. What does the warning mean? Since the unformatted drive was empty, the parity will be valid even if the system doesn't know that. Would stopping the rebuild cause the system to want to rewrite the entire parity drive or something?

thanks for any info

UnformattedDataRebuild.jpg.5ce3f732cce47de7ced0a3e5d5961cc1.jpg