Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Support] Unable to get Docker to start after replacing cache drives/pool

Featured Replies

My apologies in advance for such a lengthy post, but I feel like it's important to give as much context and data to start with as opposed to wasting anyone's time with back and forth questions about my situation.

I had a btrfs cache pool set up on my system with two 1.6 TB SSD drives. Both were showing errors, although neither had failed yet. I had new(er) 1.6 TB SSD drives of the same type and manufacturer here to replace them. I went to replace them one at a time, but when I tried to start the array after replacing the first drive, it wouldn't start and gave me an error about the new drive not having enough space. I tried to do some troubleshooting for a while, but ended up just deleting the cache pool and created a new one with the two new drives. I did work to copy and migrate all the data on the old cache pool to my array and elsewhere so that I wouldn't lose anything in the process. I also changed shares around to have the array be the primary with the cache as backup.

I believe that I now have everything back to the way that it was when I started and my array properly starts with the new cache pool. However, the docker service has refused to start. I get the "Docker Service failed to start Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused" error on the Docker page. I've put the appdata folder back into place. I've tried it both with the old docker.img file as well as deleting it and having it try to create a new one, but without success. I've tried starting it via command prompt, using the /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start command. I get the following output:

rc.docker: Starting Docker daemon... rc.docker: Docker daemon... Failed. rc.docker: Starting network..

After doing that, there's no docker.img file in the directory.

I'm at a loss as to what is wrong and what I need to do to have my system working again. I appreciate the guidance and support of the community to help me figure this out.

tower-diagnostics-20260930-1042.zip

Edited by rbjap

  • tiger_stripes changed the title to [Support] Unable to get Docker to start after replacing cache drives/pool

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.