[SOLVED] Unraid does not remember drive added to array

hey guys I've been having some problems lately when I tried to add a new drive. It zeros the drive and then I manually format it.

The drive is added to the array and even mounts correctly. I am able to copy and everything.

It works perfectly until I reboot. It's like if I never did the process. And then I have to go through the whole pre-clear again/format etc. I have done the whole thing twice already!

I really don't want to waste a whole day again only for the same thing to happen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Unraid version 4.6

hey guys I've been having some problems lately when I tried to add a new drive. It zeros the drive and then I manually format it.

The drive is added to the array and even mounts correctly. I am able to copy and everything.

It works perfectly until I reboot. It's like if I never did the process. And then I have to go through the whole pre-clear again/format etc. I have done the whole thing twice already!

I really don't want to waste a whole day again only for the same thing to happen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Unraid version 4.6

If the USB flash drive is not writable, the new configuration would not be able to be stored.

Check your flash drive with "checkdisk" or "scandisk" in a windows PC.

Joe L.

Thanks Joe. I plugged the USB into my computer and it asked if I wanted to scan and fix the USB which I did.

Interestingly tho, I was able to make changes to the go and network.cfg file and save them before fixing (above) so I would say it was writable.

Is there a way to add back the new disk (since it is already pre-cleared) without having to go through the entire process again (7+ hrs). If I try to do it the normal way (shut down array -> add disk it says it a new disk and needs to be precleared). Or is there a way to test to see if the config will stay before I start the preclear? Can I manually add it to the disk.cfg file?

Thanks again.

Thanks Joe. I plugged the USB into my computer and it asked if I wanted to scan and fix the USB which I did.

Interestingly tho, I was able to make changes to the go and network.cfg file and save them before fixing (above) so I would say it was writable.

Is there a way to add back the new disk (since it is already pre-cleared) without having to go through the entire process again (7+ hrs). If I try to do it the normal way (shut down array -> add disk it says it a new disk and needs to be precleared). Or is there a way to test to see if the config will stay before I start the preclear? Can I manually add it to the disk.cfg file?

Thanks again.

no manual add, no shortcut.  Sorry.  Just because you can write one file does not indicate you can write a DIFFERENT file on a fat drive.  You can only invoke the preclear script with the option to skip the pre-read and post-read to save some time. 

Joe L.