[SOLVED] HELP - cannot access shares -- suspect bad USB Stick

Hi,  I came home from vacation and cannot access my shares anymore.  Here's what I've discovered so far ..

- There must have been a server reset due to power loss even though I have an APC. 

- I am using ver 4.7

- My syslog is too large to attach -- it won't zip small enough and I tried pastebin but too large there also

- I can access unMenu Main page but the syslog section on the bottom only shows "e </BODY></HTML> 0" (on three lines)

- All other unMenu links show "e </BODY></HTML> 0" (on three lines) except for About and Help pages

- On the unMenu Main page I (think) I used to see an entry for my USB stick (/dev/sde1 boot) but it is not there anymore

- on telnet I can see /boot /dev/sde1 with the command df and shows 41% used

- ls /boot shows nothing (this is not correct -- there are supposed to be my files and GO script in there)

- I killed and restarted emhttp from the telenet console

- I'm afraid to turn the server off at this point.

What should be my next best step to fix my once wonderful server?

Thanks very much!

Hi,  I came home from vacation and cannot access my shares anymore.  Here's what I've discovered so far ..

- There must have been a server reset due to power loss even though I have an APC. 

- I am using ver 4.7

- My syslog is too large to attach -- it won't zip small enough and I tried pastebin but too large there also

- I can access unMenu Main page but the syslog section on the bottom only shows "e </BODY></HTML> 0" (on three lines)

- All other unMenu links show "e </BODY></HTML> 0" (on three lines) except for About and Help pages

- On the unMenu Main page I (think) I used to see an entry for my USB stick (/dev/sde1 boot) but it is not there anymore

- on telnet I can see /boot /dev/sde1 with the command df and shows 41% used

- ls /boot shows nothing (this is not correct -- there are supposed to be my files and GO script in there)

- I killed and restarted emhttp from the telenet console

- I'm afraid to turn the server off at this point.

What should be my next best step to fix my once wonderful server?

Thanks very much!

Odds are you've run out of ram (all used by the syslog)  You'll need to reboot.

Joe L.

Yes, thanks Joe L.  You've been helping people on this forum for versions and versions. 

After rebooting and reseting Primary Boot Order in BIOS I now only have 1324 minutes until my parity check is complete.  0 errors so far and none expected.

Server works as expected.  Shares are accessible.  USB is definitely GOOD.

Thanks again Joe L.

Archived