Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Harddrive 119.99

PhilH

I had heard on other forums that the Egg was getting sloppy about shipping hard drives. Just some crumpled up brown paper & the drive. A bunch of people were attributing that to a bunch of hard drive failures.

I received my hard drive this morning. It was double wrapped in bubble wrap & the excess space in the box was taken up with popcorn. Very good packing job.

Maybe they figured out that hard drives needed to be packed better.  8)

Phil

I received my hard drive this morning. It was double wrapped in bubble wrap & the excess space in the box was taken up with popcorn. Very good packing job.

Not really. Try returning the drives packed like that to Seagate and see where that gets you.

One of the better packing I've seen for hard drives is from PC Connection. The drive was suspended inside a box by formed plastic on each end and put inside a much bigger box with whole a bunch of popcorns on each side.

Actually I have returned drives like that & never had a problem. I owned & ran a computer repair business for 20 years. I have RMA'd hundreds of drives for customers.  ;D

The bubble wrap was the big bubble kind & was about 6 inches across. You could have used the thing for soccer practice & never would have hurt the drive.. lol

Actually I have returned drives like that & never had a problem. I owned & ran a computer repair business for 20 years. I have RMA'd hundreds of drives for customers.  ;D

The bubble wrap was the big bubble kind & was about 6 inches across. You could have used the thing for soccer practice & never would have hurt the drive.. lol

Yeah, I've ordered a bunch of hard drives from Newegg (including 6 1.5TB ones) and they use the same packaging (big bubble wrap + popcorn) for mine. However, a lot of the drives I got had one side of the bubblewrap flattened/popped.

Meh, I cross-ship hard drives when doing returns. Of course, I only need to do it for myself. I reckon if I had to do it for hundreds of customers, I'll go with bubble wrap, too.