files in the config folder.

I've been poking around the files in the unRAID package, and as far as the files in the config/ folder go, I understand what most of them are except for the super.dat file. What is that file for? I see that it has some reference to the drives serial number that I am using...

Any thoughts?

The super.dat file contains the "superblock" structure described in this post http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2505.msg21363#msg21363

In it is the model and serial numbers of all the disks in your array, their sizes, and various timestamps describing parity calculation, array creation, etc.  The disk.cfg just has the hardware port each logical disk is connected to, not the actual model/serial numbers.

You can find the full "source code" of what is in super.dat by looking in the "/usr/src/linux/drivers/md/md_private.h" file after logging onto your server via telnet.

Basically, if you delete super.dat it will be as if you never configured your array, and it will think you are starting it for the very first time, and it will think a full parity calc is needed.  If it is corrupted, same thing. (It has checksums to validate itself)   

If you change a disk, either to upgrade, or because one has failed, unRAID compares the model/serial number of the new drive with what it had in the super.dat file.  If they differ, the array will not start until you perform some action on the management console web-page. (confirming the replacement)

Joe L.