OpenELEC

I know there has been some discussion about openelec and maybe I am just spinning my wheels and wasting a lot of time, so if that is the case, please say so.

I am in the process of trying to set up a virtual XBMC system.  Sure, I can add it to my arch vm with plex, sick, SAB and headphones, but I want to separate it out because of the pass-through of the sound card.  So, with that said, I was curious if there was a good/easy way to do this with openelec as a domu.  I was looking, but there is no clear cut description since there is no iso, so maybe the PXE booting stuff, but I dont know.  Otherwise, the thought is to install Arch, passthrough, install xbmc and be done with it. 

I was just thinking openELEC is ready to go out of the box.  So yeah, just looking for ideas.  If it is possible in xen then I wouldnt mind a link to the guide since all I keep finding is vmware and virtual box and beyond that, PXE with unraid.  Just trying to get ideas as to the easiest way to get to the same end goal.

OpenELEC is a custom distro and doesn't have traditional kernel support for Xen. Therefore it's a no go. XBMCbuntu is the simplest, if not most bloated, option.

You could always try install Arch or some other barebone OS and get that working.

See my other post where I talk about this,  xbmcubuntu or what I really wanted, a simple Arch HVM with PCI audio pass-through...