Odd Hard Drive Temperature Reading

Nightstalk3rs

UPDATE:  I have added a syslog to this post.

I posted this by accident in the UnRAID 5.x support forums and couldn't see a way to delete it, so I am posting it in the proper place this time and hope that's okay!  :'(

Hello all!  Firstly I'll note that I am using UnRAID 6.0 Beta 4. I just noticed a strange thing while in the UnRAID Web GUI this evening when I was browsing it.  One of my hard drives was reporting that the temperature is "-115C", which I thought was very strange.  I then jumped into UnMENU and it said that the temperature was "155C", which is the complete other side of the spectrum as the UnRAID Web GUI.  Needless to say, both seem to be way unrealistic operating temperatures for anything, let alone a hard drive.  All the other hard drives in my server are reporting normal temperatures, roughly between 22C and 33C depending on if they are just spinning up or have been spun up.

Currently my server is off as I'm afraid to turn it back on, despite feeling like it is not being reported properly.  I can grab a syslog file when I start it back up, but I wanted to let it sit off for a while and see if it reports a weird temperature at boot, or if it is something that slowly builds up to that strange temperature it was reporting.

I will post a syslog shortly, but I just wanted to post this as I could not find anything in my searching of the forum, and I thought maybe someone would have an idea of what might be the problem, whether maybe it being a faulty temperature sensor, or maybe something strange that happens in UnRAID 6.0 Beta 4 and I should upgrade.

Thank you all in advance as I truly appreciate all of the help I have received in these forums over the years.  You guys are the best!

syslog-2014-11-13.txt

Archived