Array Stop, Stuck at Sync Filesystem Indefinitely

bungee91

I'm not certain what is causing this, however recently stopping my array for whatever reason has been met with less than stellar results.

If I stop the array from the WebUI I normally will either get to the "Sync Fileystem" forever, or if I am lucky enough, I get to the unmounting disks part, and it retries, and retries, for about ever.

After being stuck at sync filesystem, I SSH'd in an attempted to follow the manual route to cleanly shutdown the server.

I had 2 disks that were supposedly busy (5 & 8 ).

So I did a ps -ef and located the PID's and attempted to kill them.

This did nothing, they kept running.

I ran a bunch more outputs to see if someone can see what this is that keeps causing issues.

Attached is my syslog, and also a bunch of outputs from SSH that may be helpful in diagnosing.

This is not a 1 time issue, any time I go to stop my array it is a role of the dice if I will have this issue (more often than not it happens lately).

Running 6vb15, 3 dockers, 2 VM's.

Thanks for any help, my server is currently just stuck, I issued a shutdown -r now however it is just sitting there not doing anything.

syslog4.txt

Apr 21 21:20:36 Server logger: plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg

Apr 21 21:20:36 Server logger: plugin: not installing older version

I do not have experience with some of the subsystems you are using, so cannot comment on them, but there is one thing I noticed, quoted above.  This is evidence of unRAID v5 files on your boot drive, and the last time I saw this, and they re-formatted and re-prepared their flash drive for v6, it seemed to fix all of their problems.  If you don't get a better idea, I would redo your boot drive, using the instructions in the first sections of the Upgrading to UnRAID v6 guide as a guide.  The no-format section describes what HAS to be removed from a v5 flash, if that's useful.

Apr 21 21:20:36 Server logger: plugin: installing: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg

Apr 21 21:20:36 Server logger: plugin: not installing older version

I do not have experience with some of the subsystems you are using, so cannot comment on them, but there is one thing I noticed, quoted above.  This is evidence of unRAID v5 files on your boot drive, and the last time I saw this, and they re-formatted and re-prepared their flash drive for v6, it seemed to fix all of their problems.  If you don't get a better idea, I would redo your boot drive, using the instructions in the first sections of the Upgrading to UnRAID v6 guide as a guide.  The no-format section describes what HAS to be removed from a v5 flash, if that's useful.

Hmmm, that is certainly plausible!

I will take a look at the contents of the drive, and follow the included guide, thanks!

Archived