GPU Recommendation - Props to Nvidia GT 720!

Under what system, OE?

I'm not using a receiver, but in OE I had to change the audio output under setting, system, audio output to the HDMI one that listed my device name in the title, it was something HDMI Toshiba, then sound worked.

Yes in OE, my receiver is listed and I have selected it but still no sound.

Under what system, OE?

I'm not using a receiver, but in OE I had to change the audio output under setting, system, audio output to the HDMI one that listed my device name in the title, it was something HDMI Toshiba, then sound worked.

I can test with my receiver and let you know if I'm experiencing the same, wouldn't be until later though.

Under what system, OE?

I did not experience this issue, it worked really well for me.

It listed my receiver (Onkyo 1007) as an output device under HDMI, I also set the settings level to advanced and enabled passthrough and set that as my Onkyo on HDMI also, followed by selecting what the receiver is capable of. I also set the output to 7.1.

I then played a video and I had 5.1 DDigital (that is what the file was) out of the receiver, I also had 2.0 out of my Tv speakers. While it was playing in the audio options on the main OSD of the file playing I turned off pass through. It paused for a second and continued, still outputting to both the Tv and the receiver, however now as "multi channel" instead of the DDigital as prior. I re-enabled, all was well, and considered it working.

I am uncertain to why yours is acting differently. My current OE is the default LT one, a GT 720, and the sound.conf fix so that audio doesn't go all haywire.

This is under a SeaBIOS VM, however I doubt it would make much difference.

Are you getting any sound out of the Tv?