Shares and moving data

d4lions

I created a share called Media for my content (I have sub directories for music/movies/tv accordingly on Disk 1, but have it set to include all drives

The allocation method is most-free and all discs are included as well as cache disk?

But now when transferring files it says its full ? I can see when I look at the share it is splitting the files over different disks?

Suggestions ?

I suggest you use disk shares as there is a known bug moving data between user shares.

Just a clarification, you can move between user shares, and you can move between disk shares, but you cannot safely move between disk and user shares, if the files on disk shares are also in user shares.

I suggest you use disk shares as there is a known bug moving data between user shares.

Just a clarification, you can move between user shares, and you can move between disk shares, but you cannot safely move between disk and user shares, if the files on disk shares are also in user shares.

Thanks RobJ, I couldn't remember the exact scenario where data loss could happen.  Much appreciated.

OK here is what happened..

I created a share called media on disk 1 and set it to allocate to all drives..

I used allsync to migrate from my Qnap to my Unraid.

1/2 way through I made a mistake and created a share on my win PC that connected to the SMB share called Movies (which is not the same as the directory on disk 1).

So I tried to sync both of those directories and it bombed out.

which based on your comments of moving between shares might be an issue.. so I am manually deleting files that aren't in the main disk share and going to resync them.

Archived