Cheap gigE switch

Jinzul8785

There were several bargains to be had during the Buy.com/google checkout days before Christmas, but those days are now gone.  I recall many nice name brand 5-8 port gigabit switches going for about $20-30 at that time.

I just recently purchased an upgraded gigabit switch for my home.  It was a netgear 24 port unit because I have a huge number of ethernet lines wired throughout my house.  This was the JGS524 switch from newegg.com.  Paid 219.99 - $40 rebate = $179 delivered.  This is a great deal, but probably more than you are looking for right now.

Just checking current pricing - Newegg.com now sells it for $197, but the rebate is gone and shipping is $9.44.

Best I could find for you today was the Netgear GS605 at Compusa.com for $50-$30 rebate = $20.  Just checked - that rebate expired yesterday!

Keep an eye open at Bensbargains.net and you will find one in the next week or so.  This site has a lot more component level items than the other sites.

Hope this helps!