Few general questions

El Gabito

I've searched around a bit, but it's difficult to find answers to some of these simpler, non-technical questions. I appreciate anybody that can take the time to answer what are probably simple questions.

Some background:

I have had Unraid 5.x since 2012 or so. I've successfully installed 6.1.6 and am up and running on brand new hardware. My previous setup was very basic, no real plugins or anything. On the new one, I plan to run a virtualized Windows 10 for a general workstation, light gaming, and probably some Docker Containers.

HW:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

i7-4790k

16GB RAM

MSI GTX 760

Seasonic X-750 PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case

3x 3TB WD Red (1 parity)

1x 2TB WD Red

Samsung 850 Evo 512GB (cache/windows)

Inateck USB 3 Expansion card

[*]VM and cache will share the SSD, correct?

[*]Can I have it boot to Windows automatically when powered on?

[*]I purchased this USB which I intend to use for keyboard/mouse for unraid. I plan to pass the motherboard usb controller through for plug-n-play. I gather this is feasible, correct?

[*]Can I access HW-level items from the VM? For example, fan sensors, cpu temps, etc?

[*]I just have one SSD right now for vm's/cache. Can I later add an SSD to the cache pool without affecting anything already installed?

[*]There's sooo many plugins and things that it's overwhelming. Is there an overview anywhere of recommended plugins or popular plugins?

I feel like I had 100 more questions. Appreciate any input.

Archived