Problems with build-in graphics

Fiskelord

Hello!

So, i saw this awesome video on youtube (...that is how all great ideas come from...) about using the power of my computer to run unRAID, and just use a VM to run Win10 with my dedicated graphics card. Link below.

But! When i follow the steps shown in the video to force the MB to use the build-in graphics, there is just a black screen from the HDMI, comming from the MB. I can get the splash screen to show by resetting BIOS, but after that, same story. If i let the system POST, the login screen from windows show up when the computer has started though!

To my suprise, the 7seg display on the MB tells me the computer already POST'ed, or is in BIOS setup, depending on what i do at startup of course, so i think it is a little weird.

Oh, and when forced, the dedicated graphics card stops sending signal as well, and as expected of course.

My build is as following:

Motherboard: ASUS Z170-DELUXE

CPU: Intel i7-6700K

RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4

Dedicated graphics: ASUS GTX 970

Reference video:

So, my question to you guys is: Have anyone else had the problem with the onboard graphics simply not working as expected?

Just to sum up: When forced to use build-in graphics, no screen of the system POST'ing or BIOS setup is shown, but if i reset BIOS, the splash screen, where is says ASUS, will show. And if i let it POST, Windows will show up as expected, but only after it already has started.

I really hope you guys can help me :)

- Jonas Strand // Fiskelord

I have the Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, but I had similar issues.  Ok this is going to probably sound dumb, but I was not able to get consistent output to an old Dell monitor I have using an HDMI-DVI cable so I tried a second monitor (same cable) and it now works with no issues.  May be worth a shot.

I have the Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, but I had similar issues.  Ok this is going to probably sound dumb, but I was not able to get consistent output to an old Dell monitor I have using an HDMI-DVI cable so I tried a second monitor (same cable) and it now works with no issues.  May be worth a shot.

So, to get it clear: The monitor you used in the first place didnt work, but when you switched to a second monitor, with the same cable, it worked? Sounds strange, but it is definitely worth a shot!

Archived