Constant Windows Explorer Refresh

I've only just enacted this possible "fix"/remedy to a problem that my Windows PC that serves as the main purveyor of data has had whenever accessing ("recently" accessed) network shares (SMB), copying fairly decent files (1GB+ ish), re-accessing (after having only just accessed it two directories before) network shares (as in same network drive letter), etc., etc.

It was quite annoying to say the least and it wasn't just on the one Windows machine, though most definitely more prominent on it.  I believe I may have -finally- found the fix.

I've read how it was "Windows attempting to index the directory", "Aero", "network card", etc. issues and tried "fixing" all that which was not broken through the year.  Turns out, I guess Windows will perform a sort of "pseudo" disconnection to a network share (though in explorer, netstat, wherever else) gives no indication it has disconnected said network share.

From an elevated DOS prompt:

net config server /autodisconnect:-1

Problem solved.  It no longer insists on refreshing the directory, over and over again with every single little action.  Or at least it's two hours in and not a single "refresh" while working within the same network share (currently my TV shows share, so I am changing directories, it is not "refreshing" after copying each MKV, etc.).  Now, naturally, when I access a TV series directory on a separate physical drive that isn't spun up, I get the usual "spin up" time wait time, but, still then, no annoying "refresh".

It may work for you, it may not, should you be experiencing a similar situation.  I searched high and low on these forums for over a year now and I didn't see this mentioned, so if it is, my apologies ahead of time and I haven't any idea why I never found it.  Placing here as it isn't a request for support.  I would appreciate anyone that may have been experiencing this, to let me know if this fixed things on your end.  I'm anxious to know if this is just coincidence (which I don't believe in) or actually an effective solution.