Almost ready to push the button... then doubts

I was about to push the button on an unraid build centered around a  i7 4790 and an ASRock Z97 Extreme 6.   

I intend to use this build as  to host docker containers, and run one or more VMs (the primary VM will be used to host a HTPC which will also be used for gaming).  I would also like to create a OSX vm, but i'm not sure how possible that will be.

I got to pricing out X99 systems and they seem to be within $100 for some pretty cool kit.

I was considering a i7 5820K and a ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer mobo. 

Now, the 5820K has a considerably higher passmark but it has a much higher TDP.  The X99 systems are newer and use DDR4 memory so I might get more life out of the components in this system as opposed to the older kit in the 4790 system.  Also, intel doesnt consider the Z97 chipset as supporting VT-d (even though ASRock's board claims it) and the X99 does.  Also, the 5820K supports ACS while the 4790 does not.

Then I got to looking at XEON systems and thats pushed me even higher in price and I'm not sure I want to go there...

Advice?  help!  I want to get this going soon.

Go with the X99.  The PassMark is only the beginning of the story - the X99 chipset itself makes a great performing motherboard - more chipset SATA ports, M.2 socket that runs at full speed, quad channel RAM...

It's like comparing a Focus RS to a BMW M3.  Both technically go the same speed, but the M3 just does it better.