Transplant woes - Cache issues

Howdy everyone,

I'm in the process of moving my unRAID storage and OS from one box to another. I want to use my existing hardware for other purposes, so I'm moving back to a previous config I've had before.

Transferring from:

Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0 Mobo

AMD FX8350 Black Edition 4.0GHz

32 GB RAM

2 x Samsung EVO 250 GB SSDs for cache

5 x 2 TB WD Red HDDs for storage

Nvidia GeForce 960 GPU

Transferring to:

M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ mATX Mobo

AMD FX8350 Black Edition 4.0 GHz

8 GB RAM

1 x Samsung EVO 250 GB SSD

5 x 2 TB WD Red HDDs for storage

maybe a cheap 210 or 310 GPU card

VMs:

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS for my OwnCloud instance

Windows 10 (moving to physical machine once I get this fixed)

Dockers:

Plex

I read this forum post: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=47172.15 and figured I just had to remove a cache disk, let it rebalance, and then I could be on my way. I've only got 6 SATA ports on the new mobo, and after weighing everything decided I didn't need a cache pool.

First issue that happened: on boot in the new case and Cache became unmountable. I let it sit for 24 hours since I was out of town and came back to the same issue, no rebalance had occured, and as such my primary VM disks were unaccessible. I put everything back into the old case, booted up and can see my data. The problem now is that the cache is read-only. My docker image doesn't seem to load as Plex isn't showing up on the dash board, and when I try to start either of my VMs I get this error:

Execution error

internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2016-09-22T05:10:42.941951Z qemu-system-x86_64: -drive file=/mnt/cache/vDisks/Ubuntu/vdisk1.img,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk1,format=raw,cache=writeback: Could not open '/mnt/cache/vDisks/Ubuntu/vdisk1.img': Permission denied

My google-fu can only find things that are applicable to Ubuntu being the KVM, so I need some help. I don't have system logs from previous boots, but can obtain one for this instance if it will help. I'm afraid that there's going to be further issues down the road though. My hunch is I need to backup my cache and start fresh, but I'm not sure.

Any help is appreciated!