Another cpu/mobo suggestion request (intel based).

Here is my current build.

description: Motherboard

product: 870-G45 (MS-7599)

vendor: MSI

description: CPU

version: AMD Phenom II X2 545 Processor

size: 800MHz

capacity: 3GHz

clock: 200MHz

description: System Memory

size: 4GiB

12 data disks + 1 cache drive

4 of the disks are attached to the board

8 are attached via a SAS/SATA controller (model I can't find in lspci or lshw)

This build has served me well for a LONG time but has been tasked in the last few months with running all the apps that another machine used to run remotely (sickbeard, sab, couchpotato and plex). This thing is ready to retire but I find picking a motherboard for it to be really confusing in making sure I get one that's compatible and all that. This machine needs only to run the mentioned apps above. I don't do any vm's and it's not a desktop replacement for me so I just need something that'll hold a bunch of drives and run quietly for the next decade.

What I'm looking for is a board/chip suggestion around:

Intel-based

Onboard nic that works inherently with Unraid (I'm on latest version as of 11/1/16).

I'm not terribly concerned with the amount of SATA ports as I think I'm going to get 2 new PCI raid controllers and just run it all from there. Looking at 2x AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 for a total of 16 drives.

I have 3x Thermaltake MAX-3543 4x3s currently and will add another one of those if I can find a case to hold that many drives (suggestions accepted for that as well!)

Another question: As I currently have these drives in cages and just want to transfer them over to the new rig, do I need to worry about cable placement or position on the adapter cards or is unraid setup now to just bring everything up in the proper order when I slap all those drives into the new board/controller card combo?

Thanks for reading.