Xplorer2 Lite application crashes the first time it opens my unRAID server

Guest smnas

Hi all. I've got a small problem with Xplorer2 Lite and my unRAID server. Basically, when my unRAID server is right to start file serving, I tend to use Xplorer2 Lite as my File Management browser of choice. The strange thing about it is that, if I make no attempt to open my share on unRAID using Windows Explorer or another File Management application before using Xplorer2 Lite, when I use Xplorer2 Lite to open the share on unRAID, it thinks for 10 seconds and Windows will give me a "Not Responding" error and will exit out. On the second attempt to open the share with Xplorer2 Lite, it can read/write to it fine.

With Windows Explorer, FreeCommander and the older version of Xplorer2 Lite (aka 2xExplorer) never suffered from this issue. The resolution for Xplorer2 Lite crashing on me is to open my unRAID server share using Windows Explorer or some other File Management application and then use Xplorer2 Lite on the same PC. Bit of a weird one, but it seems funny that the other File Management applications don't suffer from this, but Xplorer2 Lite does.

This problem has nothing to do with the disk spinning up/down times as this will happen even if the server has just become ready, or even after 5 minutes of the server running. I've also tried this on Windows XP and Windows 7, the same deal. Any ideas? It is clearly a Xplorer2 Lite fault and I'm using the latest available version too. Cheers.

Archived