Photo organizer

Outlet6957

8 hours ago, zonderling said:

Filebot should be able to do that.  The windows application does this verry good,  You can install it on one of your VM's and do it from there, and if I'm not mistaken there is a docker for filebot too.  I'll put some time in it this weekend to see if its any good.

I can't find where filebot handles exif data.  I did find http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/  which people on reddit rave about.  However I cannot install it on unraid.  "Sudo apt get" does not work.

Ok guys, I fixed it.  What I ended up doing was installing an Ubuntu VM.  I then mounted my camera folder to Ubuntu.

After that I installed the exiftool <--link

I used the command 

exiftool "-Directory<DateTimeOriginal" "-directory<filemodifydate" "-directory<createdate" -d "%Y/%b/%d" .

The period at the very end signifies the current directory. If your directory is not the directory that you're working in then change the period to a /mnt/user/directory for example

This worked beautifully!!  Thanks for the input guys. I might use filebot next time.  I am surprised we dont have an exiftool docker.  If I knew how to make one, I definitely would!

There are other methods to change the actual file name.  This would put the files into the proper directory with a timestamp.jpg format.

On 2/25/2017 at 0:31 AM, xhaloz said:

Ok guys, I fixed it.  What I ended up doing was installing an Ubuntu VM.  I then mounted my camera folder to Ubuntu.

After that I installed the exiftool <--link

I used the command 

exiftool "-Directory<DateTimeOriginal" "-directory<filemodifydate" "-directory<createdate" -d "%Y/%b/%d" .

The period at the very end signifies the current directory. If your directory is not the directory that you're working in then change the period to a /mnt/user/directory for example

This worked beautifully!!  Thanks for the input guys. I might use filebot next time.  I am surprised we dont have an exiftool docker.  If I knew how to make one, I definitely would!

Thanks for sharing.  

I'm happy to hear it worked out for you.

Myself I'm having more of a windows background and feel more comfortable with the GUI from filebot.

It offers a lot of preset options to breakdown and sort big numbers of pix, this all with a GUI.

But again, glad it worked out for you in another way ;)

2 hours ago, zonderling said:

Thanks for sharing.  

I'm happy to hear it worked out for you.

Myself I'm having more of a windows background and feel more comfortable with the GUI from filebot.

It offers a lot of preset options to breakdown and sort big numbers of pix, this all with a GUI.

But again, glad it worked out for you in another way ;)

I thought about doing that, does it read exif data?  Also how can I install a file like exiftool.tar.gz into a docker if the tool is not in the community applications?

Archived