Parity check on 6TB RiceBowl

Hello,

I'm in process of bringing my back up server, code name "RiceBowl", online to relief my primary server, code name "Chopstick" which due for major maintenance and hardware replacement after long service time.

RiceBowl is a brand news system, new MB, new Power supply, new Memory, new CPU, new flash drive with brand new hard drive of  3ea, 6TB Toshiba X300, 7200RPM SATAIII plus a 2TB Toshiba  P300, 7200 RPM SATA III. All sparkling new parts. I'm expect it to be in operational for the next 10 years with minimal maintenance.

The drives is in parity sync. 

The speed is 193 MB/sec. top speed was in + 200MB/sec

speed was slowing down to around 110MB/sec when near the 2TB mark, then it shot up to 193mb after that.

preclear speed were some time reach 214 MB/sec.

I normally do just 1 preclear cycle.

I'm wondering if new MB design or better electronic in the Toshiba or low hard drive counts or some thing but the speed is awfully fast compare to Chopstick performance which around 30MB/sec (with top speed of 50MB/sec)

Chopstick drive are 4TB and 2TB, all 7200RPM of different brand name.

Chopstick parity sync is around 25 hours.

RiceBowl parity sync is set to complete around 9 hours.

I'm not bragging nor complaining just noticing that the speed is pretty fast compare to V5 and wonder if it due to new MB and SATAIII design or is it V6

Edited by Obi_One

RiceBowl parts list:

MB: GA-F2A88XM-D3HP

Power supply : Thermaltake, 500W, 80+, custom wireharness

CPU: AMD A6 7400K 3.9GHz

memory:  DDR3-1600 2G single stick

Flash drive: San disk cruzer fit 8GB (love this little guy. fit neatly behind the case)

case: Old solid AT case, heavily gutted and modified 

fan: 3ea 120mm front case mounted.

HHD cage: custom build, 8 slots stack (data drive) plus 2 slot separate stack (parity and personal)

HHD; Toshiba X300 6TB, SATA III, Toshiba 2TB, P300, SATA III.

idle power: 62W.