Any special requirements when upgrading ancient 6.0-beta4?

pwm

The Wiki contains information about upgrading from version 5 to version 6, but doesn't mention if there are any important steps when going from one of the ancient beta versions.

It's a rather plain installation with 4 data + 1 parity and no cache.

It is smart to go back through the various release notes for each stable release. It will lay out the update steps to upgrade.

I went from 6.0 stable to 6.3.5 about 6 months ago - and don't remember any serious issues. And then from there to 6.4.2 rc6.

I do seem to remember that you had to recreate the Docker.img file at some point. That is probably the biggest things you'll need to do. But it is pretty simple to recreate - and point to the existing appdata folders where configuration data lives.

Thanks for the answer. I don't run any docker apps on the unit. I have a separate application server machine. But the beta4 is so old that it still suffers from a timing issue in the RAID code that makes it regularly give a write error when copying new files to the unit. I more-or-less stopped using this specific NAS for other than streaming out data as I got tired of waiting for a fix to this specific problem.

But if this update goes well, then I have a unRAID 5 installation to update too - but there is documentation about the steps for going from version 5 to version 6.

Archived