Error after changing motherboard

Fork

I just changed my unraid motherboard and I noticed the following errors in the syslog

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Error (psargs-0359): [ECEN] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\] (Node c14760c8), AE_NOT_FOUND

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Error (dswload-0781): [PRID] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20090903/psloop-230)

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\] (Node c14760c8), AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: Marking method \___ as Serialized because of AE_ALREADY_EXISTS error

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: Executed 3 blocks of module-level executable AML code

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: Interpreter enabled

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S3 S5)

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: Using IOAPIC for interrupt routing

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: PCI: MCFG configuration 0: base e0000000 segment 0 buses 0 - 255

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: PCI: MCFG area at e0000000 reserved in ACPI motherboard resources

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: PCI: Using MMCONFIG for extended config space

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Warning: Incorrect checksum in table [OEMB] - 10, should be 0F (20090903/tbutils-314)

i know that people have suggested booting with ACPI off, but if i do that, will that affect unraid in any way?  Thank you

I just changed my unraid motherboard and I noticed the following errors in the syslog

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Error (psargs-0359): [ECEN] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\] (Node c14760c8), AE_NOT_FOUND

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Error (dswload-0781): [PRID] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20090903/psloop-230)

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Error (psparse-0537): Method parse/execution failed [\] (Node c14760c8), AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: Marking method \___ as Serialized because of AE_ALREADY_EXISTS error

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: Executed 3 blocks of module-level executable AML code

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: Interpreter enabled

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: (supports S0 S1 S3 S5)

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI: Using IOAPIC for interrupt routing

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: PCI: MCFG configuration 0: base e0000000 segment 0 buses 0 - 255

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: PCI: MCFG area at e0000000 reserved in ACPI motherboard resources

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: PCI: Using MMCONFIG for extended config space

Jun 1 20:58:26 Tower kernel: ACPI Warning: Incorrect checksum in table [OEMB] - 10, should be 0F (20090903/tbutils-314)

i know that people have suggested booting with ACPI off, but if i do that, will that affect unraid in any way?  Thank you

Yes, you'll not be able to put the array to S3 sleep, and perhaps not be able to have itself power itself down. 

You might just check if a BIOS update is available from the manufacturer, otherwise, just ignore the errors if everything is working.

Joe L.

yeah...power down isnt working properly.  i clicked power down in unmenu and I think unraid shut down, but the fans are still running and the HDD lights are still turned on.  I cannot re-access unraid now and i dont really know what to do.  should i just hold the power button on the case until it shuts down? if i do that, will unraid perform a parity check on the next boot?  thanks

after connecting to the monitor, the last 2 lines are

mount: can't find /in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

system halted.

Another question, is there a way to cleanly and completely shut off the system when i boot with acpi=off?  These acpi problems are really frustrating me and I really dont want to flash the bios if i dont have to.  I have never flashed a motherboard before, and since the unraid machine doesnt have a floppy/optic drive, I would probably have to do it via usb and I have no idea how...  thanks in advance

yeah...power down isnt working properly.  i clicked power down in unmenu and I think unraid shut down, but the fans are still running and the HDD lights are still turned on.  I cannot re-access unraid now and i dont really know what to do.  should i just hold the power button on the case until it shuts down? if i do that, will unraid perform a parity check on the next boot?  thanks

after connecting to the monitor, the last 2 lines are

mount: can't find /in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

system halted.

It is stopped.  You can then hit the power switch to turn it off.

thanks guys, i took the courage and updated the bios to the latest version but the acpi errors are still showing...is there anything else i could try to resolve these errors? or would i have to boot with acpi=off from now on?

thanks guys, i took the courage and updated the bios to the latest version but the acpi errors are still showing...is there anything else i could try to resolve these errors? or would i have to boot with acpi=off from now on?

Are the errors causing you any problems? (other than being in the syslog?)

Joe L.

So far no, though I've only been using this motherboard for less than 24 hours.  thanks for your help Joe

Then do not worry about th errors in the syslog.  There are plenty of BIOS where the checksums are incorrect, or the implimentation of a feature is buggy.  Linux deals with it well.

Archived