Ubuntu VM won't render in VNC

Hi All,

I've been working on an Ubuntu desktop VM to get my CrashPlan Pro backups sorted since they are now dropping headless server support.

I setup a VM (2 cores, 2GB RAM), installed Ubuntu desktop 17.10, installed CIFS, configured my fstab to mount my unRAID shares on startup, rebooted and it was fine. Installed some updates and rebooted, again fine. Installed CrashPlan, adopted my backup, then rebooted and the VM log is just spewing the following error:

((null):20551): SpiceWorker-Warning **: red_worker.c:163:rendering_incorrect: rendering incorrect from now on: get_drawable

This is happening roughly 15 - 20 times every refresh of the log window, and my VM no longer shows the login screen. I don't know if this is the CrashPlan app causing issues or if this is a VNC issue. Is anyone experiencing anything similar?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-01-21 at 4:50 PM, intoran said:

I'm having the same issue with 16.04.  No Crashplan here.  Ran updates and when I attempt to change from the default res this happens.

Changing from standard resolution Ubuntu VM give this errors on 6.4.1

((null):18452): SpiceWorker-Warning **: red_worker.c:163:rendering_incorrect: rendering incorrect from now on: get_drawable
((null):18452): SpiceWorker-Warning **: red_worker.c:163:rendering_incorrect: rendering incorrect from now on: get_drawable

• 1 month later...