Issues with Windows 7 VM - USB Card and Shutdown Crashes

Cirdan

I recently set up a Windows 7 VM and have been having two issues using it. I'm not sure if they are related, but this post has led me to believe that they could be. Therefore I am creating single thread.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise (Windows Update has done all its magic) and unRAID 6.4.0. I have included logs and information from a run where both errors occurred.

My first issue is that unRAID's VM manager crashes when I shutdown the VM. It does not crash all of the time; I'd guess around 70%. When this happens, the WebGUI and other services continue to work however the VMs tab is inaccessible and I cannot start VMs from the Dashboard. Restarting the server fixes the issue until I shutdown Windows 7 again.

Secondly, Windows 7 will not detect my USB PCIe card. There is absolutely not mention of it Device Manager. Part of my flash configuration is shown below, and I have checked the box in the VM editor. The one indication that something is happening is that the VM becomes very stuttery when this is attached. Ausio is choppy and the mouse lags.

label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append vfio-pci.ids=1b73:1100 initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append vfio-pci.ids=1b73:1100 initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui

I would greatly appreciate any help with either of these issues. Please let me know if you need any more information.

lindon-diagnostics-20180126-0659.zip

lindon-diagnostics-20180126-0659.zip

Edited by Cirdan
Fixed link

I reinstalled and entirely updated Windows 7 without the card installed. During this time there were nonissues with crashes. I then reinstalled and reattached the USB card. Windows actually recognized the card and was able to install a driver from Windows update. However, no actual USB devices were recognized and upon reboot it goes back to having an extremely laggy mouse and audio, still without the USB support.

I also noticed that when the card is installed, the computer hangs at BIOS for a minute or two before booting into unRAID. Could this mean that I need to configure something in BIOS or is there a hardware issue with the card?

Again, I would very much appreciate help.