We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Large File Sizes Don't Fully Move/Copy

Greensauce

I have a bit of a strange setup, but for the most part I'm pretty happy with it.

Before I built my unRAID server, I only had my main Windows Gaming/Plex/NVR machine. After getting unRAID setup I offloaded the Plex server and NVR stuff to that.

However, I kept my media hard drives (NTFS) in my Windows machine and using Unassigned Devices, I SMB mount them to unRAID and Plex reads from those mounted disks.

I mainly do this for Backblaze, so my 5TB of media files get a cloud backup for a flat monthly cost and they only have Windows/OSX clients.

But I have a 10G network connection between my Windows PC and unRAID, transfer speed isn't really an issue.

Early during setup when I was moving things around with Mightnight Commander, I noticed larger files (3-4GB+) would hang during the move/copy. I was able to get around it and brushed it off.

But now that I am pretty setup, I've noticed that after Radarr downloads a high quality movie that is 4GB or more, there seems to be some problem from post-download to moving it into my SMB Movies share.

I see SABnzbd successfully download the entire file, but when I look at the newly created location & file in my SMB share, the file is only partially transferred. The most recent example of this is a 4.2GB completed download only copied 3.35GB of the file to the folder thus making it incomplete.

I've searched all over trying to see if there is some file size limit I'm missing or if anyone else is having a similar experience. I know most people don't go this route with keeping the media files on a Windows machine's SMB share, but until I can find a similar solution for cloud backup in unRAID I don't want to move away from them yet.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Archived