100% single core utilisation, parity errors and random Docker shutdowns

DarrellW94

Good evening,

So I've let these issues gather up for a while now but a large handful (177) of parity errors overnight have finally led me here to ask for some help. As such my help requests are threefold:

1. First and I think easiest - I ran a parity check last night which ended with 177 errors. I had literally just added a new disk, balanced my drives a bit (manually) and ran the parity test so anticipate that this will have been the cause, however I figured it wouldn't hurt to check.
  2. The first of the issues that I just can't get my head around is a single thread randomly beginning to sit at 100% utilisation. This has been happening on the regular for weeks now with top reporting the offending process as kworker which I have read makes it somewhat difficult to diagnose. It can only be remedied by restarting the server, however the shutdown process never seems to fully complete and I have to hard shutdown using the power button to get the server to power off.
  3. My final issue is also a bit of a massive annoyance which happens quite regularly. I will often go to use one of the services provided my Docker containers to find it has been powered down. Upon looking in the web GUI it is normally the case that at least half of the containers are in this state - tonight 5 were off and 4 were on! When I try to start any of them again the web GUI just hangs and hangs until it reloads and the container hasn't been started again. Once again this can only be remedied by restarting the server which usually doesn't complete successfully as in my second problem. I have an odd feeling that the two issues may be linked...

If anyone could please give me a hand with any of my issues it would be hugely appreciated. I am about to restart but have attached my diagnostics which will contain entries for all of the above 3 problems. My server is a Dell T20 with a Xeon E3-1245 v3, 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 RAM, a GTX 1050 Ti (gaming VM) and 3x4TB hard drives.

Thanks in advance for any help, and please let me know if there is any more information I need to provide.

unraid-diagnostics-20180212-2027.zip

Archived