My Hardware Feedback

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I've started to try Unraid (basic) in May 2016 for testing and I was very satisfied for the features of Unraid. Some months later I've sold my hardware, change works, house, etc... and untill now I didn't re-install it.

My past configuration was:

-Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 rev1.0

-Intel 3930K

-32GB Ram Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz

-3 Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX970

-1 XFX Radeon R7 240

-Various hard disk, Kingston ssd for cache, mechanical WD and Seagate 7200rpm for data and parity

With this hardware, with last MB bios available I used Virtual Machine with GPU Passthrough and very good performance (I've tested with the game The Division and 3d Software)

Now I've a new configuration and I've tried to only attach the Unraid Key in the new hardware and everything works (I've only change ethernet card parameters in virtual machines-no gpu passthrough in my new configuration).

My new configuration are:

-Asrock H81 Pro Btc

-Intel Pentium G3258

-8GB Ram Kingston HyperBeast 2400Mhz

-Integrated video card

-3 pci-e to sata cards Asmedia ASM1061

-10 various mechanical Hard disks WD, Seagate and Maxtor, no cache disks now

-Unraid upgraded to Pro :-)

Now I've done a fresh install of last Unraid release 6.4.1, formatted the disks in xfs and create the array.

With this new configuration I've only had to upgraded the bios of motherboard to recognise the ASM1061 and the disks attached.

With Intel Pentium G3258 the IOMMU is disabled-unsupported by processor, maybe one day I will upgrade to i7 4790K, but now everythings works fine. The processor G3258 works very well, high frequency, only 2 cores and low consumption (I don't use VM now).

I hope that my hardware compatibility feedback are usefull and I hope to partecipate actively to this fantastic community-projects.

Andreidos