Unable to create unraid 6.5. Unraid says GUID blacklisted.

fliptoback

So after a long wait for the Dell H310 card to arrive and to flash to IT mode, I am now ready to migrate my current HP microserver to the new box. Currently my unraid is v6.4.1 and is on a sandisk cruzer so this kinda stick out of the casing. I want to move the license to a small unraid cruzer fit so I proceed to download unraid usb creator and since i am on the roll, i might as well install the latest v6.5.

But unraid creator says this cruzer fit usb drive is GUID blacklisted. I tried to format the drive but no avail. 

Could someone please kindly assist.

I am on Unraid Server Plus.

Thanks

50 minutes ago, remotevisitor said:

If so that would have added the cruzer fit drive to the blacklisted drives in Unraid and is no longer suitable for use with Unraid.   You will have to use a different usb drive.

Thanks. Tom from Limetech has also responded and same response as yours. So what can I do to move the license?

• Buy new cruzer fit USB drive.
  • On existing unRaid server Main -> Boot Device -> Flash -> Flash backup
  • Run USB creator on new cruzer fit USB drive to create new unRaid boot disk
  • Re-Run USB creator telling it to restore the Flash backup you made earlier.
  • Boot unRaid server with new cruzer fit USB drive.
  • unRaid should recognize that the license key does not match this USB drive and offer to transfer it to this drive.   Note you can only automatically transfer a key once a year to a new USB drive (otherwise you have to contact LimeTech support for help) ... and the old drive will be added to the unRaid blacklist.

So the question is, how long ago did you move the license key from the cruzer fit USB drive that you are having problem with?    If it is less than a year then you will not be able to automatically transfer the license to the new USB drive and will have to contact support instead for help getting a new license key for the new USB drive for the last step.

24 minutes ago, remotevisitor said:

So the question is, how long ago did you move the license key from the cruzer fit USB drive that you are having problem with?    If it is less than a year then you will not be able to automatically transfer the license to the new USB drive and will have to contact support instead for help getting a new license key for the new USB drive for the last step.

Wow. thanks for that concise response. I have a very idea of what i need to do thanks to you.

I can't remember how long I moved the license. Is there a way to check?

12 hours ago, remotevisitor said:

Not sure .... assuming you only have one license, go to existing unRaid server Tools -> About -> Registration and see what date it says that license was registered.

i am assuming that shows when that license was registered with that USB device rather than when it was first purchased.

Thanks buddy. Tom has advised that I need to get a new USB drive, sent him the GUID and he will do the transfer of the license. Apparently I have swapped out the license less than a year ago.

Archived