unRAID Computer won't run. HELP!

gyroplane

Hoping someone can help with this SOON - or I am going to be in trouble.

Running Pro 4.0 on version 1.0 hardware (D865DLCLK) I was going to upgrade one of my hard drives.  I stopped the array using the web interface, and used the new "shutdown gracefully" button.  Went downstairs to the server - case was quiet, seemed to power down.  I inplugged the old hard drive, plugged in the new hard drive and switched the power supply on - fans run for 1 second then stop (case and CPU fans).  Green light on the Mobo stays on.  Unplugged my unRAID usb drive - no change.  Ultimately unplugged all drives and removed the PCI cards, still no joy.  Unplugged case fans - same thing.  Removed mobo to check for a screw trapped underneath and shorting - looks clean.  Currently I have power supply connected to motherboard only, with only CPU and RAM installed.  Turn power on, and it runs for 1 second then seems to shut itself down.  In desparation, I unplugged the 4-pin ATX12V power connector (not advised, I know) and the fans all stay on - but system won't boot.  Tried a different power supply, and get the same result - so it looks like something on the Mobo is screwed up?

Any ideas?  Could this be related to the "shut down gracefully" button in version 4 (doubt it, but it is the first time I have ever used this feature)?  I need to access my data in the morning.

Thanks in advance,

-Sky

OK, I feel dumb.  Relieved, but dumb.

I don't know if this is related to the way it was powered down, or something else entirely, but I just had to hit the front power switch.  In the past, I always killed power at the power supply switch in back after stopping the array.  Turning the power supply switch back on, brought it back to life - never had to mess with the front panel switch, so I kind of forgot it was even there.

I figured it was something simple.

-Sky

Archived