Audio Problems in Win10 VM (Recurring Fuzzing/Popping)

Ruthalas

I have set up a windows 10 VM for my home theater. It runs Kodi, and uses the HDMI on the GPU I have provisioned the VM with to transmit audio.

While playing both video and audio, every 1-3 minutes the audio begins to skip/fuzz/distort for several seconds before resolving itself.

I have been searching for solutions and have looked into the following already:

1. MSI (Interrupts) for HMDI audio
    I checked, and the video card had MSI enabled, but the video card audio device did not!
    I followed the instructions and enabled it for that device. It now shows as enabled in lspci, but the issue persists. 
  2. I have heard tell that if unRAID is using enough CPU, it can effect the VM
    I currently have the VM constrained to cores 1,2,3- which leaves core 0 for unRAID
    Playing audio, which causes the issue, utilizes only around 10% CPU, so I have overhead at least

Can anyone suggest further troubleshooting options, or critique my previous efforts?

I read about someone using a tool that 'changed the OS system timer resolution' to resolve similar audio issues, but it was for an XP VM, and seemed like it might not be relevant.

My goal with unRAID was to run a NAS and Windows VM media-PC in one machine, but distorted audio will quickly render that plan inviable. :/

Archived