Connecting to Plex Server

Hello all

I decided to build a pc for unraid and am experiencing quite the learning curve. Im having some issues with the plex server, which hopefully you'll know how to sort.

I'll explain all the details in a bit, but the current issues are:

• the plex client app on my tv only see the server and play files with an insecure connection (not even sure if thats an issue). Setting it to always use a secure connection means it doesnt find the server
    • i have run out of ideas with this one.
  • the dlna server picked up from the same tv can see the computer, but selecting it shows "no files"
    • from google and reading other forums, some people with xbox's or wdtv talk about needing to write a dlna profile xml? Is that necessary for unraid?
    • another post i read suggested mapping to the disk rather than the user. As in /mnt/diskX/folder rather than /mnt/user/folder. But that didnt sound right to me, so i havent tried that.

So, a summary of what ive done thus far:

Hardware

CPU - Ryzen 2400G

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-AB350M-HD3

Ram - 16GB

GFX - onboard

Storage - 2 x 4TB data, 1 x 4TB parity, 1 x 120GB ssd cache

Shares

TV Series share of /mnt/user/TVSeries with split level 2

Plugins

• Community Applications
  • CA Auto Update Applications
  • CA Backup / Restore Appdata
  • CA Cleanup Appdata
  • Fix Common Problems

And Fix Common Problems told me to add:

• Dynamix SSD TRIM
  • enable some browser notifications
  • add zenstates to my go file (which i did as /usr/local/sbin/zenstates --c6-disable I understood zenstates to be the dynamic overclock, but dunno what c6 refers to)

Dockers

• linuxserver.io plex
    • PUID, PGID, and VERSION left as default values.
    • Added /TVSeries Path as /mnt/user/TVSeries
    • Added all the TCP/UDP ports listed as required from Plex. (not sure i needed to do that, but it was an attempt to solve the issues having read the dockers cant do anything you dont explicitly allow)

Settings

• Enabled SMB to Yes(Workgroup) with WORKGROUP entered for the workgroup name. (i think all that was default anyway!?)
  • Enabled NFS

Data

• Added some tv episodes with folder structure /series/season/file

Other Info

• The plex server on my windows 10 desktop runs fine, so i assume that rules out any router issues!? And it is switched off at the moment to not cause potential conflicts.
  • The gateway, dns server, and whatnot from the tv and those mentioned in unraids network settings match. Other that the ip address which is one value different, so no conflict there.

Cant think of anything else to mention at the moment, so hopefully thats enough detail.

Thanks for any help