A few questions before I order my hardware

I am getting close to ordering my server parts and I have just a few questions I want to make sure of:

1) I am going to be using a Ryzen 5 2400G, which has an integrated Vega 11.  There Are there any issues with this processor in unraid at this point?

2) I have my drives I want to use for my pools locked in, but I also want to have a cache drive and a drive for a VM I am going to run.  Should that be 2 separate SSDs or should I just use 1 larger SSD?

6 hours ago, choppyesq said:

I am getting close to ordering my server parts and I have just a few questions I want to make sure of:

1) I am going to be using a Ryzen 5 2400G, which has an integrated Vega 11.  There Are there any issues with this processor in unraid at this point?

Although I run Intel, my understanding is that that last Ryzen issues have been resolved or have decent workarounds. There is a long thread (over 1000 posts) on Ryzen issues you might want to read. Note early in the thread there is a lot of discussion of issues for which workarounds exist, that you should see discussed later in the thread. After reading, you might want to post questions that are not already addressed in that thread. It is known as the definitive Ryzen thread here.

6 hours ago, choppyesq said:

2) I have my drives I want to use for my pools locked in, but I also want to have a cache drive and a drive for a VM I am going to run.  Should that be 2 separate SSDs or should I just use 1 larger SSD?

Larger cache drive should work fine, if you have enough space. There are some advantages of running multi-disk cache pool (performance or redundancy). But don't expect night and day performance changes, unless perhaps you are passing through an SSD for VM exclusive use (which I have considered but not done, as I am getting quite acceptable performance from my image file located on my NVMe).

There was a recent gridrunner video on how to set up an SSD that will boot bare metal OR as a VM. Pretty neat trick. Might look into that if ability to boot directly into Windows is desired, as well as achieving the best possible performance from your NVMe / SSD: